Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing #15

"To a temporary place in time," was great. I like the way Schultz placed each of her innovating themes into sections. I totally agree that Libraries are communities. Students always want to go to the library, most just to get out of class, but some do want to use the resources for projects or personal information. For a long time, books have been commodities and I totally agree with Schultz. I'm "old-school," I like the feeling of books in my hand and turning their pages, but this way is starting to decline. Libraries are becoming more complex and it takes a well educated, enthusiastic, and prepared librarian to take on the challenge (the best are at Spring Branch)! I agree, soon we will start collecting librarians because they are the gate keepers for educational technology. Remove Formatting from selection

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

The challenge for librarians is creating a balance of traditional, current and futures trends while still providing a welcoming and safe environment.

Thanks, we are the best...