Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thing # 12

I feel that the Commandments of Blogging are the most important. Everyone should read them and follow them. Unfortunately, since everything is on the Internet, I believe there is a wall between the blogger and those who make comments. It's easy to post a bad comment with "vile" words and publish it anonymously on the web. You don't know the person and you can be as vivid in your comments as much as you like. The two most important are "never be condescending and never flame." Make your comments but no name calling. Never flame, keep your "cool."

I visited "History Teacher's Discussion Forum." It's a good place to vent:)...also it was a good place to see that I am not the only History teacher who feels that the History curriculum needs to be redone. The History Timeline only get bigger and students need to understand the world around them better. It's sad that students will not get the information they need because there is not enough time to cover what we need.

3 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

You have been a busy blogger, the last time I viewed your blog you were at # 3!Glad to read that you are moving along and learning from the process. You will be asked to use your commenting skills after finishing "23."

Librarian on the Loose said...

How can I not respond to a blogger whose blog is a "confession"? I love that. Interestingly and ironically, I am also working on number twelve. I have a blog other than this, and although my business partner and I allow emails, we do not allow posts. I think that some things are sacred and we didn't want our blog to become a bickering bash. I do agree, however...no name calling.

Wyomingnan said...

I feel the same thing about the math curriculum. More, more, MORE! instead of "let's really go deep and understand the THEORY."